Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Children of the earth

Children of the Earth

She runs through the fields, with careless abandon
A dog in tow, her friend and companion
Skipping stones in the pond, watching them jump in joy
A dip in the river, or is it soaking in life?

There's something she knows, something I ought to know too
I hid it from myself, for oh so long too!
Her eyes spoke to me, as she smiled from afar
Children of the earth, that's what we are.


I was traveling Delhi to Indore, and wrote this in a moment of inspiration as I saw a girl in a field.

I've made an earlier attempt at poetry (I wrote one for a girl once :-)), but the only fathomable reason she could have liked it is because she was overcome with emotion!!! I really forced myself to write it after deciding to ... and it showed in the result. Thankfully, I do not remember any of it, so cannot go through the agony of repeating it!

This, on the other hand, came from the heart. I just had to put the words together. I love it myself ... it's honest.

1 comment:

Meanderings said...

not bad... especially for a first timer (ill ignore the earlier forced attempt).. but must add yr prose has a lot of finnese... me likes it....:)