Thursday, January 25, 2007

... They lied to me!

My last post was about Chembra ... but there's some inconsistency in the data. My GPS unit (which has been consistently showing correct readings) displayed 1850 meters on the peak, but Chembra is documented to be 2100 meters. Smell a fish?

I got back and did some research on the net and there's more people who have noticed this! And although it was misty at the peak, I do think I saw another peak taller than the one we were on! This is the explanation I believe ...

The real Chembra is in denser forest zone and the authorities want to keep people out of there ... which is why they sell the the relatively deforested Chembra to the outside world!!! This is where everyone goes, but is really about 250 meters less higher than the real Chembra!

Well ... that leaves another day for the real Chembra to be explored! Anyone interested?


No comments: